With under a week left until the new year, we say let the carb train keep chugging along! One of our fave pantry staples when it comes to appetizers is Ace Bakery and with their never-ending delicious selection, you can’t go wrong.
Since there’s a big chance you’ve still got some holiday entertaining planned before January, here are two recipes for easy and deliciously festive apps that are quick to put together and are super yummy too!
Brie & Balsamic Blueberry Toasts
- 16 Ace Bakery Date & Almond Artisan Toasts
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Port wine
- 5 oz. Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- In a skillet set over medium heat, sauté blueberries, balsamic vinegar and Port for 8 to 10 minutes or until blueberries burst and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high, top toasts with slices of Brie. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spoon blueberry mixture onto toasts. Sprinkle with thyme and enjoy!
Fig & Pear Bruschetta
- 1 Ace Bakery White Baguette (use half for recipe or double recipe to use full baguette!)
- 2 sugar pears
- 6 dried figs
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Port wine
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Peel, core and cut the pears into small dice. In a heavy bottomed pot, combine the pears together with the next 9 ingredients for the chutney and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pears are tender and the liquid is syrupy and mostly absorbed. Cool slightly before using to allow the chutney to set.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into twelve 1/2” thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes until crisp and the edges are just beginning to brown. Flip and toast for 1 minute more.
- Top each baguette with a spoonful of ricotta, a generous heaping of fig and pear chutney and enjoy!
(Assistant Editor, Blair Stutz)