There are countless ways that brands have jumped in to celebrate the big #Canada150 celebration this year, but, personally, I’m most interested in those who are using the major marketing opportunity for the greater good and to help support the continued growth and development of our country.
As Canada’s most globally recognized heritage brand, I was so thrilled to learn about the Hudson’s Bay Grand Portage — the Hudson’s Bay’s big #Canada150 fundraising initiative for The Great Trail.
Having kicked off in late June, ’The Celebration Tour’ will be stopping in 10 CF Shopping Centres across Canada over the course of the summer for big celebrations, photos ops, free swag, and, of course the opportunity to buy the HBGrandPortage Collection in person.
Since I always welcome the opportunity to shop for a good cause with open arms, I jumped at the chance to shop the new collection upon learning that a portion of proceeds from the HB Grand Portage apparel goes to the HBC Foundation’s Grand Portage Program in support of The Great Trail (TransCanada Trail), plus $10 from each paddle sale and $2.50 of each paddle keychain goes directly to the program.
Although you can start shopping the HB Grand Portage collection now — online or at your nearest Hudson’s Bay location — you can find dates and info on the Grand Portage Celebrations taking place every weekend at different CF Shopping Centres in city’s across Canada for the rest of the summer!
- July 14-16 – Brandon and Winnipeg MB, Activation at CF Polo Park (Winnipeg)
- July 21-23 – Celebration Event at CF Sherway Gardens (Toronto/Etobicoke) (*Note the portage crew will be in N. Ontario)
- July 24-25 – Ontario Muskoka Region
- July 28-30 – Southwestern Ontario (London, Windsor, Sarnia) – Activation At CF Masonville Place (London)
- August 4-6 – Greater Toronto Area – Activation at CF TO Eaton Centre Aug 4-6
- August 11-13 – Celebration Event at CF Lime Ridge, (Hamilton, ON) (*Note the portage crew will be in Quebec/NB)
- August 18-20 – Celebration Event at CF Carrefour Laval, (Laval/Montreal QC.) (*Note the portage crew will be in Newfoundland/PEI)
- August 24-24 Ottawa/Canada’s Capital Region ON/QC, Activation at CF Rideau Centre (Ottawa Downtown)
- Click HERE to view details for all of these events on the Hudson’s Bay Facebook page.
If you’re interested in supporting the way that Hudson’s Bay is connecting Canada together by raising donations for The Great Trail (Canada’s network of recreational trails), follow along on social media with the hashtag #HBGrandPortage, and follow the Grand Portage crew in real-time via snapchat @hudsonsbay.