Over the years, my affinity for one-pot recipes has grown drastically, especially as my schedule has become increasingly busier and busier. For example, a few of my favourite recipes that I turn to over and over again (especially when hosting a crowd) include my Homemade Hummus that’s quickly made in a blender (or food processor), Authentic Guacamole that comes together in one bowl, and easy one pot Moroccan Stew that can be made in a slow cooker.
For my first recipe as the new Avocados from Mexico Ambassador in Ontario (a role that I’m very excited about!) I wanted to challenge myself to find a way to incorporate my favourite “one pot” style of cooking to create a healthy and delicious dessert using Avocados from Mexico. The result? This super easy-to-make Raw Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Pomegranates that’s healthy for you too!
If the thought of an avocado dessert sounds strange to you, rest assured that Avocados from Mexico provide the perfect creamy texture for a mousse, and the good fats you get from avocados make it the perfect ingredient for a healthy dessert.
Here I’ve chosen to use pomegranates as a way to celebrate one of the best treats from Mother Nature during the fall season, but, rest assured you could easily swap them out for blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries, and still end up with an amazing result.
No matter what you choose as a topping, you absolutely must try this decadent dessert that lets you indulge in a rich, chocolate treat without any of the guilt. In fact, all of these ingredients include numerous health and beauty benefits so you can feel extra good about making this treat for any of your friends and family, or even just for yourself.
Here’s how to make my version of a Raw Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe with Pomegranates:
What You Need:
– 2 ripe medium-sized Avocados from Mexico
– 2 ripe bananas
– 6 tbsp coconut oil
– 8 tbsp raw cacao powder
– 2 tbsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
– 200 ml coconut milk
– pinch of salt (or more, to taste)
What To Do:
– Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop the flesh into your food processor or blender.
– Add in the banana, coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut milk and salt into the food processor or blender with the avocados.
– Blend all together until smooth. If needed, stop once or twice to mix in any ingredients stuck to the sides. Add in extra coconut milk if the mixture isn’t creamy enough.
– Once your mixture is nice and smooth (but still thick, like a mousse!) pour the mousse into four ramekins or small bowls, then put them into the freezer for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge.
– Once set and chilled, top with pomegranate seeds or the berries of your choice.
– Serve and enjoy!
For more information and recipes with Avocados from Mexico, please click HERE!