Although I try to keep the recipes I dish out on here as healthy as possible, I couldn’t help but share this naughty but delicious (and very Canadian!) Salted Maple Caramel Milkshake recipe from Le Chic Shack. This gem was discovered during my recent trip to Quebec City, and first ever visit to Le Chic Shack restaurant. Considering how great the name is (hello, my other company is called The Chic Canuck) do I really need to elaborate on why I love it? Okay, I’ll say a little bit more about it: This chic little shack is a cute and modern burger joint that’s dedicated to serving up fresh, local and well-made “fast food” aka their menu consists of their locally famous burgers and poutine varieties. Of course, their milkshakes are a favourite too, and its no surprise why when a flavour such as the Salted Maple Caramel can also be spiked with whiskey. I’ve got your attention now, don’t I? Here’s how to bring a taste of Le Chic Shack in Quebec City to your own home:
The Salted Maple Caramel Milkshake:
First, you’ll need to make the Salted Maple Caramel Milk:
1/2 tsp Maldon Salt
500 ml Whole Milk
125 ml Maple Syrup
– Simmer the maple syrup in a tall, wide pot for 3-4 minutes.
– Combine the milk and salt in another saucepan and bring to just below simmering.
– Add the milk to the syrup-mixture, whisking to incorporate. Let cool.
– Place in a plastic contain, label, date, and store in refrigerator.
Now for the Milkshake!
125 ml Salted Maple Caramel Milk (from recipe above)
300 ml Soft serve ice cream
60 ml Whipped crea
15 ml Maple Sugar to garnish
– Combine salted maple caramel milk and soft serve ice cream in shake mixing container and blend with a stand mixer.
– Pour blended mixture into a serving glass and top with whipped cream and garnish with maple sugar.
(Optional: stir in a shot of good ol’ Canadian whiskey)