As a Private Chef, Meal Planning Guru and On-Air Cooking Expert I’m a lover of cooking once and eating many (MANY) times, because even though I love cooking, I don’t want to be doing it all the time #RealTalk. This is why this recipe is one to love.
Everyday eating should be easy, or easier than the fancy eats on the weekends, because everyday life isn’t an issue of Bon Appetit Magazine; so having recipes like these Arugula Pasta Parcels are a great addition to your recipe repertoire. It’s crowd pleasing–this was made for a 6 and 10 year old and they loved it–it’s flavourful and it’s impressive to look at!
This recipe is Lasagna’s cool cousin, because everyone has seen a lasagna (read: boring) but this is an interesting twist on a classic.
Keep reading for my easy Arugula Ricotta Pasta Parcels recipe!
A few recipe notes:
- Ground chicken or Veggie Ground Round can be substituted for ground beef.
- Though I recommend using my Best Ever Tomato Sauce, you can use store bought pasta sauce, because life.
- Gluten free pasta is fine in this recipe, but avoid those with corn because those type of noodles get mushy when overcooked. Opt for brown rice or quinoa noodles as they keep their texture through the cooking process.
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled (if you’re feeling fancy); and can be made COMPLETELY ahead and frozen for up to 3 months or refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Arugula Ricotta Pasta Parcels
What You Need:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cups Best Ever Tomato Sauce (recipe on the blog)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 package pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt + Pepper to taste
What To Do:
In a saute pan heat the oil on medium high heat, add the ground beef and cook through completely. Add the tomato sauce and season to taste. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the ricotta, dried herbs, maple, lemon and season to taste. Add the pasta (bonus if it’s still hot!) and arugula; toss to coat and combine all in the ingredients.
In an oven safe dish, add tomato meat sauce to the bottom of the dish, followed by the pasta mix. To make the parcels, using tongs grab a bunch of pasta noodles and add to the baking dish spinning the noodles in the little parcels. Do this until the dish is full, ladle the remaining sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with parmesan and breadcrumbs.
STOP: if you want to make this ahead, this is where you stop; cool it completely, wrap it tightly and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Bake the pasta for 25 minutes, or until the top is lovely and browned.
Serve & Enjoy!
For more of my recipes, please visit BiancaOsbourne.com
(Guest Recipe Post contributed by Bianca Osbourne)