October may be National Pasta Month, but, we never need an excuse to make an amazing pasta dish at home. Whether you’re looking to celebrate before the month ends, or just want to try a recipe from one of the city’s best Italian restaurants, here we’re sharing Oretta Toronto‘s Linguine Al Pomodorino Giallo Recipe. Keep reading for how to make it!
LINGUINE AL POMODORINO GIALLO
What You Need:
4oz (135g) fresh linguine pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Anaheim pepper, sliced (or chilli flakes)
¼ cup (100ml) dry white wine
6oz (170g) tinned yellow tomato purée
4 basil leaves, torn
1 tbsp unsalted butter
4 tbsp Parmigiano, grated
2 tbsp Stracciatella cheese (or Buratta)
1 tsp flaked salt
What To Do:
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and toast garlic.
- Once the garlic is lightly browned, add 4 to 5 slices of anaheim chilli.
- Immediately deglaze the pan with dry white wine.
- Add in the tomato purée.
- Season with salt and let reduce by ?, then set aside.
- While sauce is cooking, boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Drain and set aside 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Bring the sauce back to heat and add pasta, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, butter and half the Parmigiano.
- Toss ingredients together to combine (add the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick).
- Plate pasta, adding Stracciatella on top.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, flaked salt and remaining grated Parmigiano.
Serve and Enjoy!