The Easter long weekend is here (kinda hard to believe, isn’t it?) and what better time to use a couple extra lazy days than to try making an epic new brunch recipe? Perhaps you’ve got family coming over and you’re looking to impress, or maybe you just want to impress yourself, either way, this scrumptious Eggs Benedict Sandwich recipe is definitely something you’ll want to make.
This recipe features artisanal bread buns from Boulart Bread, and eggs from West Side Beef–a new meat share program owned by Richmond Station that provides Toronto and GTA locals and restaurants access to the benefits of nose-tail butchering.
Keep reading for how to make their Ultimate Eggs Benedict Sandwich recipe!
- 4 tbsps butter
- 4 West Side Beef egg yolks
- 1-2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsps heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
– in a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Be mindful that the butter does not brown.
– In a separate small bowl, bea the egg yolks. Add the lime juice, whipping cream, salt and pepper to the beaten yolks.
-To the egg mixture, add a small spoonful of melted butter and stir well. Repeat this process adding one spoonful of melted butter at a time.
Perfectly Poached Eggs
- Fill a medium-size pot with 3 inches of water
- Place on high heat, bright water to a simmer.
- Crack one egg into a small dish.
- Add a dash of white vinegar to the water.
- Using a large slotted spoon, gently swirl the water. Carefully pour the egg into the swirled water.
- Keep at a slow slimmer
- Cook for approx. 5 minutes for a soft yolk
- 2 Boulart artisan buns
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 8-12 asparagus spears, cooked
- additional desired toppings
– Toast buns and top with desired toppings, and a poached egg.
– Top with hollandaise sauce
– Assemble sandwich and enjoy!
(Story by Editor-in-Chief, Gracie Carroll)