This month, TORA restaurant celebrates its one-year anniversary since opening at Yorkdale last year. The innovative Japanese restaurant concept is a creation of Aburi Restaurants Canada and is a definite must-try if you happen to find yourself roaming the mall with a hankering for some accessibly-priced Aburi sushi in a modern setting. The TORA Toronto team has generously shared a drool-worthy recipe that will take your beloved kale to the next level.
Keep reading for how to make TORA’s Kale Goma-ae Recipe:
TORA Restaurant’s Kale Goma-ae Recipe
What You Need:
- 6 Bunches of Kale
- 1kg Sesame Seeds
- 600ml Gluten Free Soy
- 500g Sugar
- 500g Water
What To Do:
Preparing the Kale
1. Strip the kale of the stalk.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Blanch the kale for 2 ½ minutes then
quickly shock in ice water.
3. Remove the kale from the ice bath and squeeze as much excess moisture. Set aside.
4. Place sesame seeds in a blender and ground to a coarse mixture. Do this step in
batches so as to not overheat the blender.
5. In a large bowl place soy, sugar and water. Mix thoroughly dissolving the sugar
completely before adding the ground sesame seeds.
Combine and Serve
6. Add goma-ae sauce to the cooked kale to taste.