Two of my favourite things in life are avocados and pizza, so when I came across an Avocado Pizza while scrolling through Instagram, it blew my mind. Considering how delicious (and popular) Avocado Toast has become, it seems odd that Avocado Pizza hasn’t become ‘a thing’ as of yet, but I’m here to try and change that.
As always, I like to find ways to make delicious things with a healthy twist, as quickly as possible. It’s been quite a while since I last had the time (or patience) to make thin crust pizza dough from scratch at home, so my new favourite way to make homemade personal pizzas is to use a delicious naan bread instead. Naan bread is easy to find either fresh or frozen at any major grocery store, and makes a perfect and super tasty base for any pizza, without the mess. Now, combine it with delicious and healthy Avocados from Mexico and BAM you’ve got a winning combination.
This recipe for Avocado Pizza is rich and creamy thanks to the use of avocados and blue cheese, with sweet and refreshing notes from the fresh corn kernels and basil leaves. Although you can easily enjoy one of these as a single serving, it also makes a quick and easy appetizer that you can cut into small slices and serve to guests.
Considering that avocados contain nearly 20 essential vitamins and minerals, dare I say that this might actually be a pizza that’s good for you? If you’re interested in trying this at home for yourself, see below for how to make your own Avocado Pizza!
What You Need:
(makes 1 serving)
– 1 piece of naan bread
– 1 to 2 heaping teaspoons of pesto (or more depending on size of naan)
– Blue cheese, crumbled
– 1/2 Avocado from Mexico, sliced
– Fresh corn kernels
– Fresh basil leaves
What To Do:
– Spread the pesto evenly across the surface of the naan bread
– Top with crumbled blue cheese, fresh corn kernels and sliced avocado
– Place in a toaster oven on bake for 10 minutes, or a heated over at 350 degrees.
– Once heated through and slightly toasted, remove from heat.
– Finish with a few fresh basil leaves
– Slice and serve.