Parka weather has officially arrived and in our opinion, there is nothing better than a warm comfort food meal on a chilly day. If you’re like us, then you often have zero time on a weekday to prepare a homemade slow cooked meal so when we heard about the new Beretta Farms’ Ready-Made Entrees, we knew we had to try ’em. We’re warning you, it’ll be hard to choose just one to make for dinner because honestly how you pick between a yummy Chili, Sheppard’s Pie and Lasagna when they’re all ready to pop into the oven?
The Sheppard’s Pie from Beretta Farms’ Ready-Made Entrees
Always delicious and made with the highest quality meat, Beretta Farms never skimps on flavour and we believe that’s one of the many reasons why they’re one of the most trusted providers in the game. These new entrees are perfect for any #BossBabe who’s looking for a cozy meal in a snap (especially during a busy week) and we love that. But, if you, like us, enjoy spending some time in the kitchen (especially on the weekends), you might want to try this Beretta Farms Chicken Pot Pie recipe that you (unfortunately) can’t buy pre-made for you, but will leave you with some tasty leftovers for lunch.
See below for how to make Beretta‘s scrumptious Chicken Pot Pie recipe and how to WIN 3 of Beretta Farms’ Ready-Made Entrees!
Beretta Farms CHICKEN POT PIE
What You Need:
1 bunch cilantro
2 Beretta boneless chicken breast shredded
5 slices of Beretta Strip bacon, cooked and chopped into bite size
1 medium sized onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2″ slices
1 cup potatoes, peeled and cut in 1″ dice
2 ribs celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
1 ? 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
4 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 homemade or store-bought pie crusts (about 9-inch each)
1 egg yolk
What To Do:
1. Place chicken and half the onion in a large pot with water to cover, bring water to a boil over high heat. Simmer for thirty minutes.
2. Remove chicken and shred. Place in a bowl and set aside.
3. Use chicken stock to cook carrots, potatoes, celery and remaining onion.
4. Strain vegetables but keep 1 cup of stock. Add vegetables to chicken bowl.
5. Preheat oven to 450°
6. Cook pressed garlic and mushrooms in butter in a small skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and garlic to chicken/vegetable bowl.
8. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and sprinkle in flour. Stir constantly over medium heat for 2 minutes.
9. Stir in the 1 cup of chicken stock until thickened.
10. Remove skillet from heat and add in cream. Add chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir sauce into chicken mixture.
11. Line a 9” pie pan with the pastry and fill with chicken mixture and cover with the top pastry. Crimp edges and cut a 1” slit in center of crust for steam to vent. Brush pastry with beaten egg
12. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!
The lasagna from Beretta Farms’ Ready-Made Entrees
Now, are you ready to WIN 3 of Beretta Farms’ Ready-Made Entrees?
Here’s how to enter:
TWEET: I want to #WIN a package of 3 @BerettaFarms Ready-Made Entrees from @GracieCarroll! #contest details here: http://bit.ly/2zrvk5f
*Contest closes Sunday, December 3 at 11:59pm – Open to Toronto residents only*
(Assistant Editor, Blair Stutz)