Wine Cocktails seem to be the latest craze in the (alcoholic) beverage industry and, to be honest, as a serious wine lover, I wasn’t too sure about the idea. Yes I love cocktails and yes I love wine (P.S. don’t miss our list of the best wine deals in Toronto by day of the week!), but the two together? I was on the fence. That is until Kim Crawford asked me to recreate their Grapefuit Granita Recipe with their Sauvignon Blanc that was so easy to make, and so delicious, that I was immediately hooked.
Perfect on a hot summer day, here’s how to make this crazy delicious Grapefruit Granita Recipe with White Wine at home:
Grapefruit Granita Recipe with White Wine
What You Need:
- 750 ml (1 bottle) of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- 750 ml of grapefruit juice
- shallow plastic container and plastic wrap
What To Do:
- Combine the grapefruit juice with the bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc in a shallow plastic container, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- Using a fork, stir the mixture every 30 minutes, breaking up the ice until granita is frozen (about 3 hours).
- Scoop into chilled cope glasses and serve with a desert spoon!
Serve and Enjoy,
(Story by Editor-in-Chief, Gracie Carroll)