Barbecue season is in full swing and choosing to eat plant-based no longer means you have to miss out on tasty sizzled and seared grilled recipes! If you’re looking for a hearty veggie meal to replace a classic grilled steak, try this Grilled Cauliflower Steaks recipe from our friends at Ninja® instead! Topped with a delicious and fresh Greek salsa, we can’t think of a better plant-based meal for a fresh summer dinner that can easily be increased to accommodate – and most importantly, impress – a (small) group of friends!
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Greek Salsa
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Servings: 2 portions
What You Need:
1 head cauliflower, leaves and stem removed
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped, pits removed
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 pound (8 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Kosher salt, as desired
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, peeled, chopped
1/4 cup canola oil, divided
Recommended Equipment: Ninja® FoodiTM Indoor Grill
What To Do:
1. Cut cauliflower from top to bottom into two 2-inch “steaks”; reserve remaining cauliflower.
2. To make the Greek salsa, in a large bowl, stir together olives, roasted red peppers, oregano, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, feta, salt, pepper, walnuts, red onion and 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
3. Preheat grill. If you’re using a Ninja® Indoor Grill, insert grill grate and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to MAX, and set time to 17 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
4. While grill is preheating, brush remaining 2 tablespoons of oil on both sides of steaks, then season each with salt, as desired.
5. Once preheated, place steaks on the grill. Close hood and cook for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, flip steaks. Close hood and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes, spread steaks generously with Greek salsa. Close hood and cook for the remaining 2 minutes. Reserve remaining Greek salsa.
Serve and enjoy!