This may have been the perfect recipe to serve at this year’s Super Bowl party (if you had one) but, in our opinion, you don’t need to use football as an excuse to cook up some kick-ass wings. We couldn’t resist sharing this delicious recipe using BACARDÍ Spiced Rum that was created by Chef Shontelle Pinch of Toronto-based company, Pinch Hot Sauce. Keep reading for how to make it!
Bacardi Spiced & Sweet Wings Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp Molasses or Maple Syrup
- Green Onion or Scallion (for garnish)
- PINCH Hot Syrup
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 lbs of cage free, pasture fed chicken wings
- 1/2 – 1 cup of BACARDÍ Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Five pinches of PINCH Hot Sauce
- Two tbsp of brown sugar
What To Do:
Step One: Mix all ingredients from the marinade and combine together in a ziplock and marinade/brine the mixture overnight or minimum of five hours.
Step Two: Take chicken out and lay on a lined baking sheet of parchment paper. Add Cayenne Pepper, Sea Salt and Cane sugar and coat wings in a dry rub coating.
Step Three: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and take the remainder of marinade/brine from ziplock and empty into a saucepan. Cook on the stovetop for the glaze and PINCH Hot Sauce with your choice of Molasses or Maple Syrup for a thickening agent. Cook on low to medium heat until it thickens and turn off the element to the stove top.
Step Four: Add chicken wings with dry rub and cook 5-10 minutes per side. Pull out the wings and brush on glaze. Broil to your likeness and reserve some of the glaze for added sauciness!
Step Five: Take green onion/scallion and chop lengthwise to garnish the wings.
Step Six: Bonus to gourmet it up, add some crunch and layer the plate with unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.
- What You Need:
- 3/4 cup of coconut flakes
- Three pinches of PINCH Hot Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp of BACARDÍ Spiced Rum
- Dash of sea salt
- Mix all together and layer on a baking sheet and toast until light brown and
- crunchy. Spread over a serving dish and layer chicken wings on top.
Serve & Enjoy!